Pages

Translate blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Gear up!

Here we go!
Got my Louis Garneau helmet in the mail yesterday, and I'm super stoked about it! Ready to hit the road and feel the difference ;) I have also bought new goggles from Zoggs, and even though I have yet to try them in water, the feel SO great! The sit perfectly around my eyes and the feel comfortable. I'll come back with a review when the time is right :) 

The tri-suit is from SUGOi, and was reasonably cheap. Not tried out yet, but feels good on with no seams in places where they can cause irritation. 

The race belt is a genius little thing, with clever straps to attach your race number in :) It's from Orca, and should make transition way easier! It also has three places for energy gels, which can be a good thing to bring on the run. 

Last, and probably least, I also bought a set of Orca elastic laces to make T2 faster. I felt clumsy trying to tie my laces after a hard bike leg in Ringshaugdysten, and my motor skills was hopeless. Elastic laces with a speed lock changes everything and should save 30-45 secs in transition time. Here you can see the gear(minus the laces) laid out.


What's YOUR favorite gear? What's the one thing you can't do without, in a tri, MTB-race, run or any other competition. Please leave a comment :)

Last: Today's workout was a 63k easy ride with a few hill sprints. I still feel a bit heavy, and I won't risk making it worse with hard work outs. I have a MTB race coming up in a week, and I want to be ready for it and beat my time from last year. Will try to update from Trysil next weekend!

Stay focused,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment