Pages

Translate blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

Know when to hold back!

Today I reminded myself of one important thing about exercise: Know when your body has had enough, and when to hold back on intensive workouts. After another day at G-Sport from 9-19 I had in mind to take my Velcotite Flux out for a spin. First from Bø to Gvarv and back again to Bø, and then hill repeats in the Lifjell hill. Early on i felt yesterday still in my quads and I had problems when trying to reach 90% MHF. Even though it is kind of stupid to keep on trying I did, but only managed to reach 86-87% before my legs tensed up and i felt major pain in my quads. It was impossible to continue like this, so I rearranged my routine on-the-go and just kept pedaling. I managed about 20k in 45 mins, keeping it under control so that I can take my road bike out for a spin tomorrow without being totally bonked.

Lesson: Listen to your body! It will eventually tell you when it is tired, and you would do smart in listening when the red light starts to blink. Intensity should be reduced, and maybe more focus on core strength and mobility should be your goals for the next week or two.

Stay frosty,

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment