Pages

Translate blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Race report 23.06.13

Ringshaugdysten is done, and I put my own goals to shame by clocking in at 1:17:31. My goal was to beat 1:30:00, which I did, but I'd never thought I'd do this well!

The swim was expected to be hard, and it was! Wind, waves, crazy swimmers and jellyfish made it a strenuous leg but I kept my eyes on the goal, taking it one stroke at the time. I pretty much breast stroked the whole 750 meters since my freestyle technique is flawed in SO many ways.

After the swim I ignored my bleeding feet and ran straight for T1. After a bit of fiddling with my wetsuit i managed to pedal out from the transition area and start on my 20k bike leg. This part went far better than the swim and I passed 30-35 other triathletes during my 33 minutes of riding! I felt like flying on my Velocite Selene and zoomed past on the flats. In the "hills" though, I saw some of them pass me again and this is something I really have to work on in the future. I'm no mountain goat!

T2 went well, but I need to work on my routines in the transition to save time and energy for what really matters. Out on the run I started by feeling good, but soon had to pay a bit for pedaling like a mad man during the bike. My calves tensed up, but I still managed to keep a 4:30-4:40 pace the most of the 5k's, which is quite fast for me :)

All in all I am over the moon after finishing in 1:17:31, 12:29 better than my goal! I've embedded a video from the race. Feel free to share!

Stay focused,
Frank


RIngshaugdysten 2013 from Frank Gøran Pedersen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment