Pages

Translate blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hill repeats in great weather!

After oversleeping and working from 10-16, I saw Trentin and OPQS secure their latest stage win in TdF before I took my Velocite Selene out for a spin.

Today's plan was a long warm up, hill repeats up Lifjell(8km with +600 meters) and a calm ride home again. I followed my plan to the point, and it turned out to be a great evening on the bike!
The repeats up Lifjell was done in 4 minutes each, with 3 minutes "rest". The last 4 minutes was supposed to be a calm ride to the summit, but my head was in TdF-mode so I pushed for the top :) 
This is the profile of today's ride. I guess Lifjell kind of stands out here.

Time spent in different zones.

This workout is a part of my tapering work towards Grenserittet and i plan to peak around 1st-5th August to reach my goal of 2h50min from Strømstad to Halden, August 3rd. The purpose of workouts that push my HR towards 88-93% of MHF is to develop my cardiac output, in order to give my muscles more blood to work with during competitions. This will be my main focus in the days to come too. A lot of intensive days with high intensity aerobic training! I guess my appetite will increase slowly too.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my grandmother in Drangedal, which is about 51k from here. Great opportunity to get some mileage, so I'll take my bike and put in some intervals towards the end on the way back home :)

Instagram of today :)

Please leave a comment :)

//Frank
 

No comments:

Post a Comment