Pages

Translate blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Heavy days

I started today with a calm swim, focusing on crawl technique, followed by resting in "Heithølen"(hot pool) and massage in bubble chairs(?). I felt good leaving, and hoped I was ready for my ride later in the evening.

Closing in on Grenserittet 2013, I have upped the intensity on my workouts. Today I felt the effect it had on my body when I biked around Seljordsvann. I felt depleted and without power and could not get my HR up into the desired zone. On the other hand, I always enjoy a ride in sunshine even though heavy head winds made it hard the first hour or so.

On my way back, I knew I was coming up on a segment from Strava,(Folkestad Skole- Bø) and I thought I should give it a go, even though my legs felt heavy as bricks. I pedaled hard and managed to keep a average speed of about 48km/t for 4:13, placing me in 2nd place on the all-time list :) Not bad for a bad day! Next time, I'll bring my Louis Garneau areo helmet and aim to break the 4:00 min- limit ;)

Feeling heavy and tired, I'm using tomorrow for resting and some strength/stretching. Fits me well, since I'll be working from 9-19. Come Thursday, I'll be back with another interval, gunning for that peak that will bring me down under 2:50 on Grenserittet in August!

Pedal hard!

Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment