Pages

Translate blog

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Today I have...

... been working @G-Sport in Bø from 09-19. I felt great leaving work, so i thought to myself: "This is a great opportunity to squeeze in a workout before i put my legs on the table and enjoy some quality TV!". I chose my Haglöfs Gram Comp and headed for Åstjønn. Little did I know about the constant uphill run it was from my new flat in Svingen 5, but it was a great experience and good for my head. Even though I pushed hard, it felt more like relaxing, when I heard the wind, the birds, the little creek running along the trail. Awesome! At one point I tripped and smashed my knee into a rock, but got up and just "embraced the suck" and kept on going. It was THAT good to be outdoors!

Quick verdict on my Gram Comp: Great shoes for XC-running! At first I ran a bit on tarmac, and I felt my Achilles tendon tighten up a bit. It kept on hurting in my uphill struggle, but as soon as the terrain let me pick up the pace and "play" with the obstacles, the pain disappeared and I just flew through the forest and blasted the trails back to Bø :)

http://instagram.com/p/bEw_y5OBpG/

Until next time: Hang loose!

//Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment